New on my other blogs

KERALA LETTER
"Gandhi is dead, Who is now Mahatmaji?"
Solar scam reveals decadent polity and sociery
A Dalit poet writing in English, based in Kerala
Foreword to Media Tides on Kerala Coast
Teacher seeks V.S. Achuthanandan's intervention to end harassment by partymen

വായന

10 January, 2009

A child from Gaza





















by KHALED FAYYAD

I feel dizzy and its hard for me to walk.
I am in pain and hurt all over.
I could only hear the screams of my friends
As the bombs fall on our playground.
I see their bodies
Lying about me
Torn and lifeless;
I call their names,
They do not answer;
I touch them,
They do not move.
I shake them,
They do not stir.
I am afraid.
I run looking for my sister
I find her amongst the rubble,
Her beautiful face scares me
I do understand
Its is scarred and bloodied
And covered with dust.
Where is her hand
Which she used to hold me with?
Why do her eyes stare at me but not blink?
Why can she not call my name?
Why can she not talk to me?
Why can she not smile?
Why can she not breathe?
I do not understand.
I want to go home.
I do not like school any more
I want to go home
Home to my mom!
Mom where are you?
Why are you not here?
My hands and legs hurt
My face is covered with blood.
My uniform is torn and dirty
I am cold
I do not know what to do
I am all alone
Frightened and hungry.
I cannot play anymore
My school is gone
My playground lies in rubble
My sister cannot help me if I fall
She lost her hand
and does not want to move.
My friends are all gone
I don't want to play any more.
I do not understand
I am little boy
I am only a child!
I run home
Many people are there
They all look at me with tears in their eyes
Why are they not smiling?
I thought my home was here
Where did it go?
Did the same thing that happened to my school
Happen to my home?
It is gone
My bed is broken and I have no pillow
I have no blanket
I cannot find my only toy
My coloring pens are not there
I cannot draw any more!
I am in pain
Cold and hungry.
My legs, my arms hurt
My face is cut
Mom
Where are you?
People tell me she is gone
The bombs took her away
They came from the sky….
I thought God lives there
Did He send them to take my mom?
Why?
I thought God loved me too!
Why would He take her from me?
Who will tuck me in
Who will hold me in their arms
Who will wash my face?
Who will feed me
who will love me?
Mom, mom, where are you?
I call her crying.
I am afraid
I need you
I want you
I hurt and I am in pain.
I hear her but cannot find her
The bombs took her away
But her voice stayed here.
I wish they would take me
I want to be with her
She is my only mom
She loves me and I love her too!
I do not understand
I am little boy
Without school and books
Without a playground,
With a sister who cannot blink
Because they took away her hand.
I am only a child from Gaza
My home is gone
My only mom is gone
People look at me and cry
I look at the sky
Crying
I ask God
Why?
Give me back my mom.
He does not answer me
I am all alone
I hurt
I am hungry and cold.
I am only a child from Gaza ,
I want my mom,
I want my toy.
Source: AJP
From Aljazeera.com

1 comment:

പകല്‍കിനാവന്‍ | daYdreaMer said...

നന്ദി സര്‍ വായിക്കാന്‍ അവസരം ഒരുക്കിയതിനു.... ഞാന്‍ ഒരു കവിത എഴുതിയിട്ടുണ്ട്.. എന്റെ ബ്ലോഗില്‍ . കാണുമല്ലോ... ആശംസകള്‍.... ഒപ്പം ആദരാഞ്ജലികള്‍ ഗാസയില്‍ പിടഞ്ഞു വീഴുന്ന ഓരോ ജീവനും.......